Thursday, May 26, 2011

About that Triathlon...

So the three components to a triathlon are swimming, biking, and running. Of these three I cannot do one. Not saying that in a defeatist kind of way, but in a I-really-can't-do-it kind of way. A major hurdle preventing me from accomplishing this goal is that I'm recovering from ACL surgery. This rehab is taking a long, long time. I keep saying I am improving with each passing day, but man! We are like on week 10 since the surgery.

---Funny Story --- For the first 4 weeks after surgery I had to wear a huge leg brace. My second grade students asked me tons of questions and I always answered them. Confused, a student asks how they made my leg okay if the ligament was torn. I informed her and the class that they took a part from a dead person and put in me. I found out from a parent that my students think I have a dead person's leg. NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment